On Today's Episode
- We look at a couple of Benjamin Moore's Color Trends for 2024
- We also talk about the value and beauty of wallpaper!
- Finally, we discuss a life-saving device that every home should have!
Every year Benjamin Moore comes out with the new color of the year along with a Color Trends Palette that consists of 10 supporting colors. While many people are excited to see what is trending, not everyone knows how to utilize these colors. This year we want to distill this information and make it very practical. We will be going through the whole palette in the coming weeks to talk about where to use the colors, why you would use them and how to have success. Last week we talked about White Dove Oc-17 This week we will be talking about Pristine and Honey Bee:
Pristine is a soft warm white with blush undertones, neutral enough that it could be used on a large scale or in multiple rooms. Colorful twist on a classic neutral. Great color to use in a south or east facing room where the warm undertones are amplified to create a warm glowing effect, making a room ultra cozy.
- Bedroom: to create a cozy and calming environment.
- Bathroom: make the space feel fresh and sophisticated.
- Entryway: can make a small or narrow space feel larger and more welcoming.
- Could work as a trim color with a strong warm color such as Topaz but for most situations this color may not be neutral enough.
- Use as a main color in your homes color scheme for a warm white that feels fresh rather than dated.
- Pairs well with whites, soft gray blues and taupes.
Honey Bee is a warm and inviting yellow that can add a touch of vibrancy and energy to a space. Great for smaller spaces or an accent color! Yellows in general are pretty polarizing but they can be beautiful when done right. Yellows of this saturation can come off very strong on a large scale so we recommend limiting the application to a small room or accent. If you are looking for a yellow to paint an entire room this could be a great jumping off point, though!
- Kids room: Cozy color for a bedroom that offers plenty of whimsy.
- Laundry Room: Add a cheerful color to a space that otherwise feels drab.
- Furniture: Add a pop of color, warmth and personality to a space.
- Trim Color: Perfect color to pair with a whimsical or playful wallpaper that has a complementary or monochromatic or neutral palette.
- Kitchen cabinets: great color to bring in a quaint, sunny, vintage look.
Other yellows to consider if you are sampling:
- Pale Moon
- Hawthorne Yellow
- Windham Cream
We are joined today by Ali Bryde, RepcoLite's new Social Media Marketing Associate. Anyway, Ali's a BIG fan of wallpapered spaces and we decided to sit down and talk through the value and beauty of Wallpaper.
West Side RepcoLite Stores Who Have Wallpaper Book Libraries
West Side RepcoLite Stores Who Have Morris & Co. Books
East Side RepcoLite Stores Who Have Wallpaper Book Libraries
A few years back Dan discovered a device called “The LifeVac” used to clear someones airway when chocking. We are finally getting around to talking about it on the show because this is an incredible life saving device. The LifeVac is a non-powered, non-invasive and single-use. It works by utilizing a one way valve, picture an oxygen mask with a small accordion plunger attached to it. When the mask is over someones face you push the implement down to release the air without it going into the persons mouth and when you pull up you are able to gently but effectively suck out whatever was obstructing their airway.
This will work on adults and children and is extremely easy to use. Which is what we love about it. Neither of us can imagine we would be confident giving the Heimlich maneuver or CPR to someone in an emergency situation. Even after taking classes, I don’t know that I could save my loved ones or myself. We are not along in feeling this way! Even family members that are medical professionals do not trust that they could be as effective as The LifeVac and do not leave home without it.
After digging into the device a little more we found statistics that really demonstrate the value of having one of these in your home or car. For example:
- Choking is a leading cause of death in children
- 5,000 deaths yearly
- One child dies every 5 days from choking
- Choking leads to 100,000 visits to the ER yearly
- More people die from aspirating than die in fires, drowning, or accidental shootings
- Leading cause of accidental deaths in persons over the age of 65
What drives this point home even more is how quickly damage can be done:
- 0-4 minutes: Brain damage unlikely
- 4-6 minutes: Brain damage possible
- 6-10 minutes: Brain damage probable
- 10 minutes +: Probably brain death
- Average emergency response time is 7 to 12 minutes
Seems very timely to talk about this device because Halloween is coming up and it turns out that candy is associated with 19% ER visits for aspiration emergencies – 65% due to hard candy and 35% gummy bears, chocolate, caramel, etc.
So many reasons to have one of these and the price is so reasonable! Just $70 for so much peace of mind.